Please review these hiker guidelines before showing up for an activity.
We would like everyone to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Read hike/walk description. Take notice of the distance, pace and terrain of the hike. Then decide if you have the ability to participate in the hike. Contact the hike leader if unsure.
- Hikers need to have appropriate footwear. Trail shoes or hiking boots are necessary for safety. Sneakers are only OK for beach/flat ground.
- Consider appropriate clothing for duration of hike. Temperature, sun, humidity, and wind conditions often change; so be prepared.
- Hikers must ALWAYS have WATER. Include food if the leader suggests it or if you require it.
- Hikers should try to stay together on the trail, and make every effort to complete the hike.
- Cell phones should not be audible; phone conversations limited to emergencies.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, or illegal drugs are prohibited on hikes.
- Please contact the leader before a hike if you have any questions.
- Hikers are to walk with or behind the leader, not running ahead.
- Dogs are not to be brought on hikes unless it is stated in the hike description.
Catskill, NY (August 2013) Photo by V. Byrne